
Hooray!
Today is my day.
I’m off to Great Places!
I’m off and away!
I have dreams in my head,
I have fuel in my shoes.
I will teach and help teens,
In the countries I chose.
My current home is a speck called Kuwait.
I dance with princes, and with Arabs relate.
With the grit in the air, and heat so intense,
I shop at the souks, and inhale the incense.
I’ve lived in Deutschland, UK, and the States,
Traveled through Europe with all of my mates.
In Bulgaria orphan kids captured my heart,
While love and good values I tried to impart.
On these adventures I’ve made many a friend,
Dressed up with tribesmen, and attempted to blend.
I’ve politely declined a regale of worm,
To each wacky custom I smile and affirm.
I’m lucky, I’m gifted, there must be a reason,
Perhaps I was picked, trained for this season.
Since I’ve been blessed, I must bless others too,
Share my experiences with him, her and you.
The next step of my journey will be in a dorm,
To a standard of excellence I will conform.
Professors will fuel a passion to learn;
Study Shakespeare, the classics, and a Master’s I’ll earn.
Once taught how to teach, how to impact a child;
I’ll pack up my things and move to the wild.
Oh, English and literature my students will relish,
Things of global importance, I will embellish.
A divided classroom can be united as one,
The values they’ll learn will not be undone.
I’ll show how to preserve the Lorax’s friends,
Inspire others to serve is what I intend.
Life is not served on a fine silver platter,
And sometimes we’re hit with a splash of life’s splatter.
What to do with the splatter? Why paint!
Learn from troubles and trials, don’t allow them to taint.
The mountain of challenges I’ll gladly climb,
Through the Truffula trees I’ll emerge sublime.
Come what may I’ll lock eyes on my goal,
Once at the top I’ll erect a flagpole.
The flag will wave, a symbol of change,
Of kids who have intellectual exchange.
Ideas together they’ll create and they’ll start,
With a passion for change they’ll be doing their part.
I am off to great places,
Today is my day,
My students are waiting,
I’ll be on my way.
That was insane, read the whole thing. I confess it was only because it was up on mom's site but i still did read it :). That is very origanal and fun, please get i published, i'm serious you could if you tried. Then again that's only if you haven't already hahaha. Love you lot Molly.
ReplyDeleteEthan
Hey PS how do i 'hit' ur blog like u asked
ReplyDelete